How do I get a green card through marriage?

One of the fastest ways to get a green card is through a U.S. citizen spouse (husband or wife).

Under U.S. immigration law, a spouse is considered an immediate relative. Because the immigrant spouse is considered an immediate relative there is no priority date backlog and an immigrant visa is always available.

When the immigrant spouse is in the United States,  the USCIS forms used to apply for a green card through a U.S. citizen spouse are the following:

I-130 petition for alien relative

I-864 affidavit of support

I-485 application to adjust status

I-693 medical exam (in a sealed envelope from a qualified Civil Surgeon)

I-765 application for employment authorization

I-131 application for advanced parole/travel permission.

Rate our Services

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *